Select Page

The Scottish town of Dumfries becomes home to another Greyhound Racing venue that lasted for just a brief spell only. The sport took place in Essex Park, a location found on the east side of the town roughly one mile from Dumfries town centre. It was on the 2nd of July 1932 that it staged its first meeting, yet little is known on how it operated and how long it lasted, but its final recorded newspaper entry was found was in March 1933.

The card for the first meeting at Dumfries printed in the Daily Record dated July 2nd 1932.
This caption dated July 4th 1932 shows the results from the opening meeting.
A press clip dated November 1932.
This cutting is dated March 1933.