Select Page

The ancient parish of Laindon becomes the next paragraph to locate another Greyhound Racing venue. Laindon lies on the north west outskirts of Basildon in Essex.. The venue was known as Victoria Sports Club, a sportsfield located just off Tavistock Road on the north eastern edge of the parish. It is known that a handful of temporary meetings were staged during the latter end of 1932, on a straight course with the hounds chasing a hand winch operated lure. At present little is known on how it operated, but it certainly was a temporary affair with the track assembled and dismantled when required. The Mill House school playing fields virtually pinpoints its location today.

This press clip is dated October 1932.