Select Page

The Essex town of Abridge lies three miles south of the junction between the M11 and M25. It became home to a temporary greyhound track known as Freshney’s Meadow, although its exact location is not clear but it was suggested that it lay the rear of the White Hart Public House which was found on the junction of the A113 Ongar Road, and the B172 Abridge Road. It is known that Greyhound Racing took place there during the summer of 1949, little else is known but it is thought that the White Hart Public House closed around the year 2000, and has since been renovated in to flats.

Meetings took place behind The White Hart Inn, this building has since been renovated in to flats