Select Page

Another Greyhound Racing venue found in Wiltshire was the one in the parish of North Wroughton, a parish located two miles south of Swindon town centre. Meetings took place in a field opposite The Black Horse Public House, with its first meeting being staged on the 26th of July 1930. Events were run over a distance of 500 yards, but it still remains unclear how long the venture lasted for. Today, it is more than likely that the site is now covered by the close by M4 motorway, with the Black Horse Inn now known as the Check Inn is located on a road called Woodland View, which is found just off the A4361.