Select Page

Another of Braintree’s claim as a temporary Greyhound Racing venue, was the one found on Coggeshall Road on land opposite the junction with Marlborough Street half a mile east of Braintree’s town centre. It began with a meeting on the 6th of September 1930, yet restricted information available does not tell us on how it operated. What is known is that it was just a staked out track in a field, it did have plans to construct a grandstand and install track lighting, but the venture ceased to operate during 1932.