Select Page

It is known that a temporary greyhound track was laid in the vicinity of St Osyth in Essex. The village of St Osyth lies five miles north west of Clacton-on-Sea, with a cutting from a Greyhound Owner newspaper suggesting that greyhound racing took place during 1949. No further information regarding its exact location or how it operated is yet available.

This July 1950 edition of The Greyhound Owner suggests that a flip track was in operation at St Osyth during 1949.