Select Page

The Station Greyhound Stadium in Buckingham was situated just off Tingewick Road, less than half a mile south west of Buckingham town centre. It began to develop on farmland during the early 1930’s and staged its first meeting on the evening of the 16th of September 1933. The meeting had been organised by the Lincs. Greyhound Racing Association, with 250 patrons attending that evening, who witnessed a hound called Annie win the first of eight events. The track was basic with a handful of outbuildings, yet distances and hare type are still not known, with further information revealing that it ended proceedings during 1934. The site now is covered by the Westfields Housing estate, and leaves no evidence of the sport ever having been there.

The opening meeting advertised in the local press during September 1933.
A press clip dated September 23rd 1933.
Cutting dated December 30th 1933.
This OS Map is dated 1938. Outbuildings are evident to the extreme right of the Road-Railway line interchange, which do locate the spot were the greyhound track once lay.