Select Page

The Brafield Sports Stadium was located in the village of Brafield-on-the-green, a village situated four miles south east of Northampton. More recognised for staging motor sports, mainly Stock Car Racing, It wasn’t until early 1950, that greyhound racing made its one and only spell. Brafields first meeting came on Saturday April the 8th, with races distances being contested over 326 and 525 yards. It has not yet been determined when greyhound racing ceased but newspaper evidence shows that meetings were still being staged during 1952. Today it may be a bit of a surprise that the venue still exists and is known now as The Northampton International Raceway and still stages regular Stock Car Race meetings. It lies adjacent to Horton Road about one mile south of the village.

The opening meeting advertised in the Greyhound Owner during March 1950.
This advert found in The Greyhound Owner of June 1950.
A meeting advertised in the local press during August 1950.
This press cutting is dated July 1952. Little is known of what happened to greyhound racing after this at the venue.
The venue as it remains today.