Select Page

It is found that the county of Northamptonshire played a substancial part of staging Greyhound Racing during the pioneering days of the sport. It first featured in the town of Wellingborough on the 14th of April 1928, at the Dog and Duck ground the home of the towns football club. This venue lay less than a mile south west of the town centre along The A5193 London Road. Although no evidence of Greyhound Racing remains the venue still exists, but for how long as latest reports suggest that its future is in doubt.

Both these captions are dated April 1928.