Select Page

The first known venue to host dog racing in the town of Stockton-on-Tees was the one at Portrack Athletics Ground. The venue was located about half a mile north of Stockton town centre. It is known that events took place during 1933 and possibly earlier, and possibly could be more recognised as a Whippet Racing gathering, with just a 130 yard long straight used. It is also clear that a good number of Boxing Bouts also took place there during the mid 1930’s. Little else is known regarding this venue, its exact location has yet to be determined.