Select Page

Another unfamiliarised greyhound track gets a mention on the net is the one that lies in the small Nottinghamshire village of Kirkby Woodhouse. The village is more or less situated south of Kirkby-in-Ashfield, and is found to be roughly twelve miles north of Nottingham and about three miles east of junction 27 of the M1. It is no doubt that it operated as a flapping track around the 1930’s, and possibly 1940’s, and as yet no recognised dates have been unearthed. The venue was lost beneath the foundations of a number of large detached houses and their gardens during the early 1950’s. No information regarding operations has been unveiled, but houses situated on the far west of Main Road, set back between the junction of Skegby Road and the Chapel Bank Cattery now pinpoints its once location.

This 1938 OS Map does not show it has a greyhound track, but buildings to the right of the Old Quarry shows its once location.