Select Page

It is known that a temporary greyhound track operated close to The Butchers Farm on the outskirts of Stapleford Abbotts in Essex. The venue was located four miles north of Romford along the side Bournebridge Lane. It is known temporary meetings were staged during the late 1940’s and early 1950’s. It was a smallish circuit with adverts describing it as 300 yards in circumference. The Butchers Farm still exists today, but it is not clear on exactly were the circuit lay.

This advert was found in a May 1950 edition of The Greyhound Owner.
This 1950 OS Map shows Butchers Farm lower centre of the map.
Map courtesy of Old Maps.