Select Page

The temporary closure of The Oxford Stadium at the end of 1950, had seen a another venue close by stage a number of meetings at a temporary level, just to keep Oxford regulars interested. It is not clear exactly were these meetings were staged but it is known that they run during 1951 in the district of Littlemore, less than a quarter of a mile from Oxford Stadium. Newspaper cuttings also suggest the course was 300 yards long with bookmakers in attendance.

February 8th 1951.
February 15th 1951.
January 17th 1952.