Warner Park, Stevenston, Ayrshire KA20
The Ayrshire town of Stevenston’s links to Greyhound Racing is the Granvue Stadium, a venue that operated for around thirty post war years. Yet a glimmer of information proves that another venue within the town’s vicinity took place during the early 1930’s.
The venue was called Warner Park, a small football enclosure that had been the home to a number of local junior football clubs.
Warner Park lay roughly one mile southeast of Stevenston’s town centre, in the district of Ardeer, just south of the towns Railway Station. Sources suggest that the venue staged is first meeting on June 23rd 1933, with other newspaper cuttings showing that racing did take place during 1934.
Little else is known how it operated or how long it lasted, but it is known that the site of the venue was built over prior to The Second World War.
Houses along Morris Moodle Avenue now pinpoint where the site of the venue once lay.