Select Page

The parish of Newark is located roughly one and a half miles north east of the Cambridgeshire town of Peterborough. It is known that greyhound racing took place during the early 1930’s, with a local press cuttings reporting that racing began on the 5th of June 1930. It is presumed that the track was full oval circuit, as events took place over a distance of 525yards. Little else is known regarding facilities at the venue or how it operated. Again press cuttings show that racing would continue during 1933, although advertisements for meetings ceased during August 1933. At present the exact location of this venue remains unknown.

This local press cutting is dated June 6th 1930.